Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ATTENTION MOM AND DAD!

So, this is a post to tell you that....

YOU WERE RIGHT!

Remember all those conversations we had when we moved to California. The one's that started out with you saying how unattractive our city of Fayetteville was. And remember how persistent I was in defending my little stomping grounds. Well, I ventured onto Google and realized that if you enter in the address of the place than it takes you directly to it...like a picture of it. Then you can navigate all around, shot by shot. It's creepy...but cool. So, I just navigated myself all around our neighborhood and part of the city and realized that, yes, Fayetteville is ugly. Well, maybe not ugly. It just lacks uniqueness, quaintness, and architectural beauty. haha. But I do like the pine trees! :)

So, if you want to see a somewhat recent picture of your house in NC (DO you still own it) enter the address in Google! It's cool! :) I even looked at our old house on Durant Dr. and Fort Bragg Dr...even saw the YMCA and my old junior high! Pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. We do still have the house. Our renter is moving in May, but knows someone who may want to buy it. Great deal for them with the supper low interest rates and tax rebate of 10% of the purchase price for new buyers.

    It is so weird to think that a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house on a big lot would only sell for $65,000 but that is Fayettville for you. Can't get an empty lot is SLO County for that price anymore. Not even out here in the boonies.

    I never did like those pine trees. Too short I guess and kind of scrubby. With everything being so flat there was no horizon and the trees always made me feel boxed in (no mountains to look at). They are just not the tall trees we have here. Plus they dropped so many needles the yards would fill up with them a good 8 - 10 inches deep or more. They bailed it up and sold it for mulch (pine straw).

    Now the Dogwoods - those were beautiful. They should plant more of them. That and pick up the trash on the road sides once in a while. I love how clean the roads are in California.

    Any way your Dad had a great time looking at pictures of the old farm he lived on as a kid in Bulard, Minnisota. I looked up my old house in Oxinard when I was in 1st grade unfortunately not too many pictures, but it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Isn't that kind of creepy? Cool but a little weird. I bet you guys aren't on the "radar" yet. So...big brother isn't lurking in your neighborhood yet! hehe. I enjoyed looking none the less though!!! Wow, I should look up the grad schools Jason is applying to and look around the area and see what it looks like! How cool!

    ReplyDelete