Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Just May Use that New Dutch Oven...

Trying to think of what to cook this weekend. Since working takes up just about my whole day...and we will be moving so that I have a 20 min. commute, it looks like there is little to no chance I will be doing "elaborate" homemade meals each day. I was never drawn to books like "Rachel Ray's 30 minute Meals" because I LIKE to cook...so getting it done in 30 minutes wasn't what I wanted. (Granted...there IS a limit. I'm not a fan of ALL day meals and obviously by what I just said I DON'T have kids, haha.) But, a couple of hours on a meal is okay to me usually. It's probably the same as those who like to create projects like, say a quilt. I just get to eat mine in the end! BUT...it looks like this will have to be a weekend "craft". Oh well, that's ok. So...looks like 30 minute meals will be right up my alley! :)
So, this weekend I'm thinking....
Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon (my dad cooked with her back in the day when he was head chef at Old Port Inn..."Save the liver".)

Anyways, my...um, "Aunt-In-Law"...she's Jason's aunt, recently made this recipe and said that it was sooooo incredibly good. So...since meat freaks me out...I'm ready to conquer my fear (meat itself doesn't freak me out, but cooking with it does! It's expensive so when you ruin beef...you've wasted a bit of money. I usually get anxiety when I have to cook it...haha)

Haven't decided what else. Maybe make some homemade bread???? Yeah. I'm thinking some rolls. We'll see what happens.

Anyways, as I mentioned...we're moving. To Morro Bay. Good-bye SLO Town. Hello Beach Town....where I can surf, run on the beach, and sit in my jacuzzi bath tub (yes, it has jets) with our beautiful view of Morro Rock. Oh...and we have a garage with a washer and dryer. Man, this week was GOOD. :) We are feeling a TON unworthy of all this incredible blessing.

*Ok, so a note on the apt. Basically we looked at it when we first moved back from Chile. It's not a normal apt. It was a big house that they split up into two units. The apt/studio doesn't share any walls...or anything. We are upstairs over our garage even. The entrances to each house are actually on different streets so it feels like a regular house. Anyways, it was all inclusive and sounded nice so we went and looked at it. When we got there it took all that I had not to GUSH over it. Basically, they offered it dirt cheap because she wanted to get a wide variety of people. She really wanted to give it to someone who would love it and take care of it. It's fully furnished (quite tastefully), has a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, cable, Internet, a jacuzzi tub, huge closets, a dishwasher, garage, it's own fenced yard, deck, w&d....the list goes on. It's also less than a mile from Jason's school with a nice little path along the beach that takes him there.

I figured though that we wouldn't get it. We weren't really ready for it. We needed two incomes and we just had mine. We turned in the application anyways and waited a couple of weeks. Didn't hear anything so kinda forgot about it. Then, two days before Jason's interview she basically called and said that if he gets the job...we can have it! Well, he got the job and that day we called her. We can move in on Mon! Yay! Thank you Jesus! We really didn't NEED something that nice but...it's a perfect location and we are really, really, REALLY thankful for it! And that was a REALLY big side note! :)

5 comments:

  1. Ummm... you are amazingly blessed! Wow.. that house sounds PHENOMENAL!!! Can't wait to come hang out with you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean "Welcome Back"...don't forget my one month period when we were "kinda' neighbors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee!! What a blessing from Above! Can't wait to check it out...someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, can we have that apt?

    just kidding! :) sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete