Monday, January 11, 2010

noT mUch haPpening...

Well, as the title suggests...there isn't a whole lot happening. Jason is studying his brains out for the GRE. He is literally one of the most disciplined people I know (though he would deny this fact completely). I'm seriously in awe sometimes. When in college my grades actually improved by meeting him. Most people when they add a relationship to the plate in college have their grades drop. Nope. Not me. See, the thing is...I didn't study before I met him. Ok, I mean I did for tests but really....I STRIVED to study the very least amount I could and still do OK. Sometimes it worked...sometimes it didn't. Jason on the other hand was so diligent to study. There were a lot of times when we were dating where he would only hang out with me if we studied. Usually, I lasted about half the time he would and then would practically beg him to do something else...anything else. BUT...it was more studying then I would have done on my own! hehe. So, that's a tangent if you couldn't tell. So, Jason is studying for the GRE. :)

On another note...I'm working...and I like it! yep. Working is always good. Working produces money. Money produces rent, food, and etc. Rent, food, and etc. produces....mmm. Not sure. Independence? yep. Independence is good. We are still looking for a house. Trying not to be picky knowing that this will be our home for about half a year but we also don't want to live in a dump. So, that's where we are at. Jason is studying because he is diligent (and he needs it for Grad school). I am working because I like it and we need money. And money is good because we need to pay rent, food, and etc. And that folks...is likely the lamest blog post yet! lol. oh well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Guys! Anna, I can totally relate to the not wanting to study thing. I've always managed to do pretty well without it - but now I'm older the retention just isn't what it used to be. Plus, I get stressed when I have to do things at the last minute.
    What is Jason's BA/BS in again, and what does he want to go to grad school for and where? Wow, I packed a lot of questions in there! And where are you working?
    Take care <3
    Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my lovely Aunt Sheila...
    First, I'm glad to hear that I have a fellow kindred spirit in the, "do as little as possible but still manage to get by" department. haha.

    As far as Jason, he has a BA in Modern Languages and Literature. In other words, a fancy name for Spanish, Italian, and the literature that goes with it! :) There is a list of grad schools he is looking at. He's applying to San Francisco State, USC (Univ. of Souther Cali.), University of Arizona, and Arizona State.

    Basically, while in Chile teaching English Jason decided that he really liked it. Because there is such an emphasis placed on English in other countries a lot of the countries are pumping out English teachers through the universities (to teach the kids in the public schools). So, basically, if Jason gets a Masters in English with an emphasis on Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages (TESL) than he can teach in the universities abroad as a professor. All you need is a Masters and since he is native he will be especially wanted. haha. He's already had a job offer actually at a university in Chile! :) So, that's a some what long explanation. We would like to live in South America more long term so we are hoping to go back (not necessarily Chile) when he is done with school.

    As for me, I'm working at an optometry office doing pre-screening. Basically I'm the person the patient sees before they go in to see te actual eye doctor. I have zero experience and kind of just fell into the job but I really like it! Especially getting to talk to so many different people every day!!!

    Ok, welp. I think that's it. Now it's time for me to get ready for that above mentioned job! Love to you and the unkie and the ENGAGED cuz!

    ReplyDelete